Sunday, July 8, 2007

Wild dreams

Herstory is made

The bloggers had an historic (her story) moment this Friday, with Claire G joining the runners as the first, ever lady to show her mettle! This run was a family affair, only undertaken by 2 each of the Svacha & Granville families. Thanks to Mark, Amber & Adam who joined in later with a few bikes to swell the crowds.

The reason for the small numbers was the preparations in various households for the coming of age party for Anni G, which took place later in the evening. Anni had a theme of dress in your wildest dream… SO… the evening was very festive!

Claire was definitely on form , after running the 4 km, she went on to clinch the evening as the wildest dressed ( in my opinion) as a ‘Wild pussy cat’ not inside, but on top…!!

In attendance as well were: a doctor or 2, a cowgirl or 2, Zoro, a family of hippies, some buxom ladies, Superman, some dude with a bob & dark glasses (any clues as to who??) the spice girls, a Brazilian fiesta dancer, a diver, pirate, fairy and a young pioneer. The Bishop of Port Elizabeth was hiding under his big felt hat (or is it actually Paddington bear pretending to be the bishop??). Some people came dressed as, well normal… (perhaps that is their wildest dream, to be normal…Bob, Tina,..um, and a few others?)

The head of the household had a monopoly on the finances, and his Greek goddess wife was bestowing gifts of great food on all the guests. Well Anni, it was a good start to the next phase of your life, sent forth with (as always) a beautiful poem of blessing from our resident bard (that’s Dad to you Ann). Wishing you wings!

Next Friday is an auspicious night…. FRIDAY the 13th…See you there!! (bring your black cat)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, I have made it to the wall of fame!!!! Have to say thank you to all of you who made it so special for me! (my mummy told me to...just kidding)!

I have been so taken back by how wonderfully loving this part of the world is! I am tickled by all the little children who are not so little any more but who still amaze me with their minds and the funny things they do! I am always touched by the Roberts' who are always so generous and such community people. Thank Tina for your wonderfully wicked sense of humour! The Svachas have been such a joy to get to know more and more! Finally someone who can make John tired-you're a legend :)! Thank you to all my cousines, to my aunt and to the Ramms for dressing up and for maiking the party such fun! A special thanks to Lisa (the reason we decided to celebrate early!). What a faithful friend I have! Finally thanks to Justin, Irene and Kevin, Max and Dominic, Coco & co, and to Pilani and Kanyati who came from far and not as far, but who are so dear and so great!
Now really finally thanks to my family who worked so hard to help make it work and who did such an awesome job of their outfits (rowr Claire).

Look forward to many more celebrations and drinks at the blogs!

til then, adeous amegos (cheers)

Anni

Anonymous said...

Just look at the size of those cluster dots in England.!

Unknown said...

Hey Brassy!!! I thought I was the unemployed one.....I guess you have got lots of free time:-)

Anonymous said...

I think Brassy, the dot looks so big cos England is a mere island!!!