Sunday, June 17, 2007

Tut, Tut and Oy Vey

I got to Makundu under the mango tree
And saw the runners who only amounted to three!
They were so excited to go and jog up the hill,
I have heard that this sport gives one quite a thrill.
But to those of us who are relatively sane (ahem)
We prefer less torturous physical pain!
Kathleen, Ben and Jess were off on their bikes,
Mother T, Georgie and I decided to have a gentle hike
We got back when the night had crept in
John tried to make a fire, but his forte is plumbing!
Good thing he had help then Jill uncorked her wine...
Oy vey were we in for a jolly fine time!
The Granvilles, Glasses, Whybrows, Schwaggas and me
Then Nev pitched and of course Bob, eventually!
Harry and Emmarentia dropped in for a drink
English isn't such a problem after one or two I think!
Wicks is off wheat, and staking the ground...
His metallurgical discoveries are rather profound.
Jill finished her 'grape juice' and then decided to steal mine...
I am grateful as I was beginning to have too much of a good time.
Neville got a wonderful 'how do you feel' from Jill
Everybody seemed happy on that verge of that hill.
The sausage, the steak, the mielie bread and chips,
The beers and wine, and of course the song on my lips.
The kids rushed around and played in the cane
Some of us got baptised by the fountain 'rain'
Next time I'm on juice as too vociferous I become
Ah well it's nice every now and then to let your hair down!
Slowly the people began to leave the logs
As some had planned an early morning jog
Cheerio until next time we all meet under the tree
A wonderful spot I'm sure we'll all agree!

No comments: