Sunday, June 3, 2007

I see a full moon rising...


A much warmer start to our third Friday Bloggers logs. Everyone seems to be loosening up, including Merek who is, well, um, no longer soo stiff.... The runners headed off to damn empty aka dam 7 and completed their bit in good time. The rest of us did a combo cycle walk- a leisurely chat and amble.

We all gathered back at the logs as the red moon rose over the sugar cane. A beautiful moment reminding us why we all enjoy life not in the fast lane...... Perhaps it was all enhanced by John's dried weed (of wisdom -?) kindling in the fire..??

A record crowd- some of whom were suspiciously absent in earning their cans...(BOB, JohnR... But that is expected from a landy owner and a yank...)
Talking of landy owners: far-flung would be B-Loggers (Brass, show us your metal) celebrated their 40th B-day! We had a drink for you too! Have a good one!
Well, from us alcoholics with a running problem (thanks Cam)
See you next Friday STSP (Same time same place...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear B-loggers, just to have the final say about tea (for those of you who don't know - Cameron was part of this discussion but I think he might have had a dash too much happyjuice).... Jill-- we do not call Gluhwein tea in Germany (never have, never will I'm sure) or have tea as such (kaffee und kuchen yes at 4pm)- spiced hot wine yes, (not called tea) during the cold months to give you some vooma but NEVER EVER 'tea'..., I do believe that since I had to grow up surrounded by Germans and their veysundmeans, I think I should have the final say! I accept apologies on a Tuesday and Thursday at 12pm! Off to confession with you! Incidentally, I think Bob will fall over and expire if he attempted jogging and since there are peppers in the fields and budding mango trees, it is in my best interest that I keep him alive and swilling beer - the Landy has been a good ol' faithful eventhough we have to have an oil bowser close by! It's the Toyota that's dicey....

Anonymous said...

Dear Tina,
There may be just a few things that I know, that you don't. One of them is about "tea" as laid out by the English.
But I am happy that there is something that a good German still has to learn!!
Thanks for being there to learn!!
Also, thanks to Mercat for the rundown and for getting that poem in the "Blogs' block!" I tried twice but didn't manage.
Do I then have to admit that there are a few things this lady still has to learn??
It certainly was a beautiful full moon night. I managed to stagger home, up the hill with Silwane, in the dark without a torch. Could have seen a mamba from miles away, or even a sitting puff-adder!
But made it home, we did. We all voted that we are glad we live up the hill; up close and personal - like!!
Jill

Anonymous said...

Hi log blogs, thankyou for my birthday greetings, yes the big four o cameth and wenteth and I did indeed have one or two sherberts.
But you LOG BLOGS have it easy, you have to realise that back in the good old days I used do 3 miles to to my local log, but then i'd do it back again in rain,wind and SNOW and darkness, usually during the hours most commonly known best for sleeping even some best known for waking up,...... what an athlete.

JUST KEEP UP THE TRAINING

If I was a doctor I'd write you a perscription, 2 - 3 quarts 2 or 3 times a night.
For a severe case double the dose.
Don't let me down when you've come so far.